Thursday, December 11, 2008

From the Vinyl Bin: The Clash - London's Burning


This month on my venture into the vinyl bin I came across one of my favorite albums of all time. That album is the US release of The Clash's debut, "The Clash". This is one that I can never put down; every song just pulls me in, but that isn't the point of this post. The point here is to pick out one song in particular, and that song is "London's Burning." No, I don't mean the song that The Clash is known for.

This song, like most on the album, is simple and catchy with a message that even today people can relate to (depending on how you see the world, that is). While this song is pretty typical for The Clash's early material, there's just something about a simple, catchy song, with a point to it that just can't be ignored here.

If you want to get technical then no, this song really isn't anything particularly special, but take a listen for yourself. It's a simple song, with a simple truth, that makes for a good listen.

Check it out for yourselves: The Clash - London's Burning

No comments: